Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #7 Google Docs and More

I created this Google presentation in about 5 min. It contains a video from the Google site that shows how easy it is to create a Google presentation. Click on the blue tab to Start Presentation once you go to this link:
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=ddshxpdm_0dw9tk8f7

I also read about Google Education Edition for schools (email, calendars, etc.) I don't think we will change over to that, but there was an interesting explanation about seamless integration with Outlook using Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook. Does anyone use any Google apps at your school?

Last year I creatd an iGoogle page and it was fun for a while, but I didn't have time to keep up with all of the gadgets that I put on mine. I haven't used it in quite a while.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I did not know about the presentation part -- unless, is that the equivalent of ppt? If so, I knew about it but have not explored. Thanks for the great example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a vanilla version of PPT, but quick and very portable. I am helping teach a PPT workshop this week, and I think I'll also point out the Google presentation choice. This is the first time I've used it. Do you use Google apps for anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Google docs a lot...I keep lots of spreadsheets of info that we share here in the district office and it so great that they are available from any computer I happen to be close to!!
    I am SUCH a fan of PPT, I have not used the google version but want to for the very same reason as above..and the fact that I could go from my PC to my MAC and not worry so much about compatibility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Google even has more new stuff. Here is a link to a demo video that explains the new, almost-ready Google Wave
    http://wave.google.com
    (You may have to copy/paste to get this URL to work.) Google Wave is a collaborative, communication tool that works like a combination of email, IM, blogs, wikis, & more. You need to see this vide.

    ReplyDelete