Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing #6 Mashups


I created a mosaic of birds that was very colorful using the mosaic mashup. I wanted to use the picture here but I could not get the accompanying code to copy over correctly so that I could give credit for the pictures. I really liked the way this mashup let you choose a layout and then just enter a Flickr tag to gather in the photos. This would be a great way for our 6th grade students to create an unusual graphic for their "animals" project. I also created a trading card, which I'm including in this post. It was fun to choose my icons.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. Hope I give you something worthy of reading! I just joined to follow you and see that I have some catching up to do! I was out of town all last week and will have to purposely carve time out this week for my 23 things work. I agree with and really like what you have said so far - very on point. This should be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I was afraid the name techbrarian might have scared everyone off.

    You will catch up with me this week. I got ahead so that I wouldn't be behind next week. I really think it is helpful to see how other people interpret assignments and how others think. I like online learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was working my way through the blogs and got to the T,s today. I discovered that I recognized that librarian. I am here in Brazil working on this since I obviously can't get many workshop hours in Abilene. However, I am so glad that I joined up with this online class.. I have already learned so much. I am starting on Thing #10 today. I go on a trip with my Dad for 2 weeks and trying to get a lot done before I leave. Glad to see someone I know!

    ReplyDelete