Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #8 RSS feeds and readers

I had subscribed to an RSS feed before but had kind of forgotten about it.
So I started at the beginning. I created a Google Reader and now have 5 RSS feeds. One thing I am researching is interactive lessons and activities for our teachers who have interactive whiteboards. The first thing I discovered was that eInstruction is starting a new teacher community for our Interwrite boards and Workspace software on June 28th. I might not have known about that as quickly without the RSS feed. I also joined 4 library blogs. This will help keep me posted on several topics at one location. I can see this being extremely useful to all teachers trying to keep up with a topic. This is a concept that we definitely need to show our teachers in staff development in the fall. I bookmarked my Google Reader site to make it easy to get to because my brain is overwhelmed right now with all of the new stuff I'm trying to do!

1 comment:

  1. I love Google Reader. It's great to have all of the blogs I follow updated to one page. I currently follow about 25 blogs. It can be a lot to keep up with, but I don't have to read it all! I find that it helps keep me current in the field. Sounds like you signed up for some great feeds!
    My district has Prometheon interactive white boards. I don't know what brand you have, but Prometheon Planet has great lessons to search and download. I wonder if they have an RSS feed from their site.

    ReplyDelete