Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #10 Image Tools

Ok--I really, really like ImageChef. I did this Sing mosaic, made a customized baseball shirt, and did a couple more mosaics with a cat shape and a heart shape for a little 8-year old friend of mine. I also tried out the poster maker there and did one for my library page.

The image below was created in Wordle using words from my home page at school. I guess you can tell that I really like WORD images and BLUE.

I am still in the process of trying some of the other image generators but I wanted to post this before I fogot what I had done on these two.

I used Dumpr to make a Rubic's Cube photo for my school weg page last year. It is on my home page at http://jimned.region14.net/webs/lcross/home.htm





I

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Linda! You are moving right along with your 23 Things. These should give us (me especially) some new ideas for our web pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that we need to throw some of the fun stuff (like image generators) in our Aug. 6th workshop. You know sometimes the research databases aren't too exciting to everyone--even though they are to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about using a few image generators to promote the databases...cute little signs in the libraries and even little visuals included on any handouts you might produce??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great suggestion, VWB. I've seen some really creative stuff lately to inspire me. I am not by nature creative but I am definitely visual. OK, Marja, this is how to spice up our presentation, our libraries, and our web sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. This could really get me inspired to add some pizazz to my website!

    ReplyDelete