Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #12 To Comment or Not to Comment

I liked the term "culture of sharing" in Meredith Farkas' blog. Although I don't like for people to act like know-it-all's most of the time, I do appreciate good advice when I need it (actually BEFORE I need it).

I also liked Drape's Takes:Edublogger Etiquette in which it was stated "there are multiple ways to respond to a post's comments - giving your readers a sense of validation, building a deeper relationship of your readers, and actively participating in the discursive field we call the blogosphere..."

After searching for blogs about Moodle and also about Interwrite Workspace I am now following two more blogs. I commented on THE Journal regarding electronic textbooks and Gov. Perry's signing of the new bill although that wasn't actually the reason I joined that blog.

3 comments:

  1. I think you will agree that thru the community created by edublogging our circle of influence and learning is ever so much bigger...those of us who have never met f2f or probably would not have opportunity to do so, can share our knowledge this way! I really like that I have professional colleagues "everywhere"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I never thought much about "blogging" just to hear myself talk, but "edublogging" is something that I can get into because it is relevant to my daily performance and vital to staying abreast of my field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wonderful part of blogging is having others contribute to your think aloud, I believe. I love to see that others are commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete