Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing #14Technorati

The videos made Technorati sound easy to use and talked about a Discover section. I could never find that Discover section (which I especially wanted to do because it listed News as a topic and I was interested to see what was there). I was thinking that Technorati might help our UIL current events students. Maybe somebody can tell me exactly how to make it easy for the UIL sponsor to collect news each day--maybe just a Google alert or Google reader?

I do like tags. They make so much sense to me because they are like an index but instead of being alphabetical they are topical and tag clouds really do show quickly what the major tags are. In searching Technorati School Library 2.0, I came up with 244 posts, 0 tags, and 57 blogs. Definitely different results.

No comments:

Post a Comment