Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #23 of 23!! Summary


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Some of my favories were Wordle, dialoging with other bloggers, and learning how to embed videos and graphics with code. Of course, creating the avatar was fun, too.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Learning new things can be difficult if you have to figure out everything for yourself. This program has structure and specific activities that make it easy to learn new things; and, it does it in a non-threatening and cooperative & supportive way. With programs like this available, I see no reason to NOT be a life-long learner. I've done this type of learning before, while working on the MTTC certification, but doing 23 Things this summer has just remined me how much I do like to learn, share, and create things.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I had not thought that I would care about blogging or joining nings, but once I could see that these are merely ways of communicating with other teachers and librarians, it made sense to join right in. I linked to my blog from my school web page and put some of the graphics from this course on my webpage. I think these additions to my page will demonstrate that I am "a lifelong learner."

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I really like the program like it is. I know that I've spent many more hours than 18 on these activities, but most of it was very educational and motivating. I tend to be too detailed with everything myself. Just reading others' blogs has reminded me that some people can say things so much better in fewer words.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would definitely be interested if it is during the summer and if it covers things that I need/want to know.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
23 Things--a 24/7 Workshop in a Box

Thanks, Spring Branch, for opening this up to those of us in smaller districts. This was great!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on your successful trip to the playground! look forward to following future adventures thru your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have been working on several different trainings lately (23 Things, Atomic Learning, Moodle, and the administrative training for InfoSource Internet Safety course). I have really kept my brain engaged for the summer--hope that helps me remember students' names better in the fall!

    ReplyDelete