Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing #20 TeacherTube & YouTube

TeacherTube has much more than I realized. Not only does it have videos, but it has photos, powerpoints, documents, blogs, etc. in different subject areas of education. While looking at TeacherTube, I found a great periodic table for science teachers, some geometry interactive lessons, and also watched a tutorial on how to embed a movie in Moodle.


Although I have accessed it from home, YouTube IS blocked in our district, and I don't think all teachers know about TeacherTube. I'm adding a link to it from my Tech Integration website at school. The graphic embedded below is Readfaster's logo from The Literacy Company from TeacherTube (http://teachertube.com/viewPhoto.php?photo_id=1084)
The Literacy Company

2 comments:

  1. don't forget about Zamzar as a way around the youTube issue for those perfect samples you can't find anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been times when there is more information on YouTube for my classes. TeacherTube usually does not cover Adobe products very well but I am sure that is not true for all subjects. I usually try to check them both.

    ReplyDelete