Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #21 Podcasts with Photostory & Audacity

Our 8th grade advanced language arts students created PhotoStory book reviews over Holocaust books for the first time last spring. Their teacher is going to make this a tradition now that she has seen how much the students enjoyed doing this. There is a great tutorial online that she used with them which walks the user through one step at a time:

http://www.jakesonline.org/photostory.htm

I located the tutorials and went through them, but they never even needed any help from me on this. PhotoStory3 is very easy to use.

I knew about Audacity and had downloaded it but had not used it. Since I'm very visual, I like to see things best but some of the audio podcasts (especially by younger kids) can be very effective. Younger kids aren't as critical of their own voices.

Here is a Photostory3 Video I created featuring my son-in-law. He caught the largest fish of the day plus another one so I took pictures of him in our back yard and then had fun playing with the features in PhotoStory3 to give the story some colorful and crazy scenes. I thought that making the last photo go "negative" made it look like he was still standing there with his catch late into the night.

3 comments:

  1. looks like you all may have had a good dinner from all of his efforts!
    I'm gaining a son-in-law in about 2 weeks..I look forward to fun times like your little story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we ate them the next day. It was a nice ending to our story.

    I hope that your son-in-law is as sweet as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photostorey - I like the way you flipped the photo. Jasononline is a nice step by step site for photostorey too.

    ReplyDelete